Whether you are a team of 2, a team of 4, a team of 20, or a team of 100, you can enter your team into Park2Park to pound the pavement together for a good cause.
This year, you have just over a month to run your distance of choice from now until Sunday, August 23 with your Team.
As a Team, together, you’ll be helping some of our most vulnerable members of our community with 100% of your registrations, donations, fundraising efforts supporting Virtual Healthcare, and the Hospital Foundation.
Creating a Team is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Register yourself and create a Team name – get as creative as you like here.
- Encourage all your friends and family to register with your Team name too.
- Run together and have a lot of fun!
3 ‘pros’ for running as a Team
- Accountability – it’s harder to bail when someone’s relying on you!
- Motivation – making that full 5km is so much easier with someone (or few) by your side
- Social interaction – we’ve been isolated for so long, now it’s time to get social (while socially distancing still)
You could sign up as an individual, but where is the fun in that?
Throwdown the challenge to your friends, many of whom have probably told you how much exercise they’ve been getting during lockdown!
For parents, why not prove to your kids that you’ve still got it? Create a family team and generate a bit of friendly competition within your family or extended family or even rival it out with the neighbors in your street.
Who doesn’t love a bit of friendly competition in the workplace? We sure do! They say teamwork makes the dream work and we couldn’t agree more. We’re not trying to be biased, but Park2Park is one of THE BEST team building activities you can do with your team.
Missing out on cross country at school this year? Get your mates together for your Park2Park X Cross Country collab. You can run before school, after school, lunch breaks, or even convenience your PE Teacher to let you run during class.
Whether you’re a sporting club, knitting club or gamer’s club, there’s nothing stopping you from creating a Team for Park2Park. We know you like hanging out with these people, so why not bring them together to help support something bigger: Your health, fitness, and Virtual Healthcare.
Fast Facts for Teams running Park2Park
- Team Members can choose any distance – you can all do a different distance.
- Team Members can choose to run together (socially distanced)
- Team Members can run by themselves
- Team Members can run anytime during the four-week event
- Team spirit, matching outfits and theme songs are encouraged (not mandatory)
You’ve gotten this far, so it sounds like you’re Team Champion for your group. Now it’s your time to shine and bring your Team together. They just need a little helping nudge from you to get them started.
Tips for getting your team started
- Lock in a date to run together and stick to it
- Send calendar invites
- Make a Team Chat, Group or Event so you don’t forget.
- Check out our downloads to get the word out – we’ve got posters, social tiles, and more!